Expressions of Interest are due to Ontario Genomics on May 15th.
GAPP is a Genome Canada funding program for Receptors (such as industry, government, not-for-profit, other organizations) working with an academic partner to validate an ‘omics-driven technology.
The GAPP Aims To
- Accelerate the application of Canadian genomics-derived solutions to real-world opportunities and challenges defined by industry and public sector Receptors.
- Channel Canada’s genomics capacity into sustainable innovations that benefit Canadians.
- Enhance the value of Canadian genomics technologies by de-risking and incentivizing follow-on investment from industry and other partners.
- Foster mutually beneficial collaboration and knowledge exchange between Canadian academia and technology receptors.
For examples of previously funded projects, see Funded GAPP Projects
Key Parameters of the Program
- Total project size: $300,000 to $6 million.
- Co-Funding: 1/3 investment from Genome Canada, 1/3 provided by the Receptor partner (cash or in-kind) and 1/3 of other co-funding (non-GC). For more information see Section 9 and Appendix 2 of the GAPP Investment Strategy and Guidelines.
- Project term: 1 – 3 years. Shorter or longer terms will be considered only if strong rationale is provided.
- Project stage: Small-scale proof-of-concept / pilot projects through to large-scale projects will be accepted. Projects should not be in discovery phase.
To be eligible for the GAPP, a project must:
- Develop and apply a genomics-derived tool, product or process to an opportunity or challenge defined by the Receptor(s);
- Focus on late stage R&D that will position the innovation for near-term implementation / commercialization;
- Be co-led by an academic and a Receptor organization in partnership, with active and necessary roles for both; and
- Demonstrate the potential to generate significant social and/or economic benefits for Canada.
Click HERE to apply