On May 10, Medical Device Playbook 2018 Toronto, co-hosted by Starfish Medical and OBIO, drew over 170 health science industry professionals, from company executives, to QA, regulatory and R&D engineering experts from start-ups, manufacturers, consultancies, regulatory and academic organizations.
Feedback from attendees focused on the speakers and the networking opportunities as the biggest reasons that Medical Device Playbook 2018 was valuable for them. Some specific examples of comments that event organizers received include:
- “The speakers were really fantastic on how to approach topics from the big picture. Not the details but how to think about topics. Great insight such as 'less publications = great opportunity.'"
- “The networking was great. The speakers' presentations were very inspiring and helpful and the seating arrangement - round tables as opposed to rows of chairs - promoted discussion and even more networking.”
- “The diverse speakers had excellent stories to tell that included key pearls of wisdom.”
- “Invaluable advice from industry veterans.”
Event speakers included medtech entrepreneurs who have launched multi-billion dollar companies and industry experts from across North America, such as:
- Stan Lapidus, founder of two >$2B value diagnostics companies
- Josh Tolkoff, Boston Scientific co-founder
- Sheryl Thingvold, founding team member at Synaptive Medical
Medical Device Playbook 2018 Toronto was produced by Starfish Medical CEO Scott Phillips and co-hosted by OBIO and StarFish Medical. “I think this was our best Playbook yet," said Phillips, confirming the feedback received from attendees.
The annual event is Canada’s premiere event for medical device professionals and entrepreneurs.